Sunday, April 13, 2008

Falling down on the job

It was to be expected but not, perhaps, quite so soon after Dr North's departure for the land of the free and the brave. Yes, I had a whole list of blogs I was going to write today but this evening I went to see the RSC's production of "Henry V". Great play, great production, excellent cast. Restored my faith in British theatre.

A drink in a bar near the Roundhouse and a long bus journey home meant that those precious blogging hours were lost.

The news as I got to my computer? A large and so far unexplained explosion in Shiraz, in southern Iran. No group has claime responsibility but it may be used by the government to crack down on dissidents and to wipe out the remaining members of the Baha'i group. One to watch, as my colleague would say, particularly in the light of Iran's apparent failure in Basra and refusal to support Muqtada al-Sadr.

Tomorrow there will be a far more important event: the Italian elections. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.