Friday, June 18, 2004

Er… Is it me? (2)

I always thought the ability to run our own economic policy was important. So how about these revised Articles in the current presidency draft (CIG 82/04) click here (p. 12).

Article I-11 (3) The Union shall have competence to provide a framework for the coordination by the Member States of their economic and employment policies.

Article I-14 (1) The Member States shall coordinate their economic policies within the Union. To this end, the Council shall adopt measures, in particular broad guidelines for these policies.
The measures in Art I-14 are subject to Qualified Majority Voting (Art I-22 (3)), effectively making Gordon Brown and the Bank of England redundant.

Why isn’t little Gordon jumping up and down, squeaking about this? Or is it me, seeing something that isn't there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.