Saturday, September 06, 2008

There I was, trying to write a serious posting ...

.... when I came across this gem on Just One Minute. Apparently, Barack Obama, the Democrats' Presidential candidate (not Vice-Presidential though that is the one he is fighting) said at a Bon Jovi event - I think I know what that means - that "We won't be bullied". Presumably, he means that he will not be bullied by the terrifying Sarahcuda, a new and potent weapon that the Republicans found in the frozen north.

This is Just One Minute's take on it:

Whether Obama is revealing personal weakness or simply highlighting the historic weakness of his party, this is not talk that projects strength, especially in the current context - what is Obama saying, he won't be bullied by a 44 year old hockey mom? Stand Tall, Barack - you won't be bullied by Sarah Palin! OMG, is this a secret plan to assassinate Putin by making him laugh so hard he gets an aneurysm? Or is this Laugh Attack launched at the Right Blogosphere (It's working! I can barely type through the tears).
Actually I am not sure Putin is laughing. My guess is that Governor Palin reminds him too much of those terrifying Russian ladies of varying ages who make hefty soldier lads meekly get off trains if they are doing the wrong thing, such as smoking. I know. I watched this on my way from Moscow to Yoshkar-Ola near the Volga.