Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We must never forget


Two pictures that I happily nicked from Michelle Malkin's blog show the tragedy and the defiance that we must all share. This war is not just America's war, it is ours as well.

On my first trip to New York City I went to Ground Zero and was, unexpectedly, reduced to tears by many of the comments in the book. I then walked along the bank towards Battery Park. So my first real view of the Statue of Liberty was after I had seen the devastation.

A few days later I went to Washington DC and saw the flag that had hung over the Pentagon that day. It is now in the National Museum of American History.

We must never forget and we must never pretend that it did not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.