Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wrong prediction

This evening I attended a discussion about the American presidential election, organized by APCO Worldwide, more on which in another posting. APCO was also the sponsor of Iain Dale's Guide to Political Blogging in the UK 2007 - 8, to which I contributed. This evening I finally acquired a copy and looked through the contributions.

Needless to say I checked my article, which I called "The British blogosphere is still teething". I hold to all my criticism of the British blogosphere but I found that my vaguely optimistic prediction about the future has turned out to be wrong.
Having groused about the British blogosphere at length, I shall finish on an optimistic note. There are many indications that the European issue in its latest manifestation, the reissued Constitutional Treaty, now known as the Reform Treaty, is injecting toughness into the blogosphere, which may well find that the battle to be fought over this will make it grow up.
I was wrong. The battle did not make the British blogosphere grow up. With one or two exceptions it has remained in the juvenile stage while the clogs are marching on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.