Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It ain't over yet

Should I want to become even more depressed about the state of political play in this country than I am, I merely need to look at the coverage of American affairs both in the MSM and on the blogosphere, consisting as it does of half-heartedly ignorant assumptions and rather superior sneering.

The coverage of the "Scooter" Libby trial was all but non-existent on this side of the Pond and, therefore, the verdict - guilty on four counts out of five - which is rightly seen by anyone who has thought about it as a travesty of justice, has elicited remarkably ignorant comments.

(When I tried to remonstrate on Iain Dale's blog, I received a good deal of personal abuse from someone who clearly suffers from Bush Derangement Syndrome. I was accused of buying into the Bush propaganda and possibly denying the truth of My Lai, Watergate and assorted other matters. I hadn't even realized there was any Bush propaganda about My Lai.)

Then again, there is little point in this blog duplicating what has been so ably by others. I suggest our readers have a look at the editorial in today's Wall Street Journal for a very cogent analysis and, above all, read Clarice Feldman's piece on American Thinker, which is ice-cold rational in its anger.

COMMENT THREAD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.