Saturday, February 26, 2005

Cruella is back!!!

[Health warning: this will be an entirely nice and pleasant posting.]

This will also be a short posting. Both the niceness and the shortness are, as our readers know, uncharacteristic.

However, I do want to thank everybody for their support and kind wishes. At the risk of sounding extremely maudlin, I have to admit that I did feel a lump in my throat when I read the various comments. With so many people rooting for me, I feel I cannot possibly let them down.

The first stage of what will be a longish process is now over. The operation went well, Charing Cross Hospital is one of the best in the country (I am very fortunate), the nursing was excellent and the food execrable. So I am very glad to be home.

The next stage will be finding out the result of the biopsy. Whatever that is, there will be a long session of radiotherapy later in the spring.

I intend to carry on working, though there may be times when my colleague (if he manages to keep out of prison) may have to take over again.

What more can I say, except, once again, thank you all.

And that’s enough niceness. Normal service will resume on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.